The reason for this is more often than not oily hair, or what is referred to as greasy hair. Oil is naturally secreted by the human body and is found in the oil glands, which are connected to the roots of the hair. This natural oil is responsible for keeping the hair oily and shiny. Do you feel you need to hide your hair under hats and scarfs? Oily hair can seriously upset your beauty game.
Oily hair is just a pain, hard to get it looking healthy and shiny and keeping it’s shape before going lank…. I am sure you have tried heaps of products to see if it will help we have found these super easy tips for you to try.
How to Get Rid of Oily Hair
Having too much oil in the hair can be stressful, not to mention unhealthy for the hair. It is normal for most people to have limp or stringy hair, even after practicing good grooming. The reason for this is more often than not oily hair, or what is referred to as greasy hair.
Oil is naturally secreted by the human body and is found in the oil glands, which are connected to the roots of the hair. This natural oil is responsible for keeping the hair oily and shiny. It is also responsible for the health of the scalp. For some people, the scalp produces more oil than is needed and thus causes oily hair.
Below are some factors that lead to oil hair and also information about what you can do to get rid of oily hair.
Step 1: Know Why You Have Oily Hair
There are a few factors that can cause an oily scalp and hair:
- Genes: it is probable that most people have oily hair because their parents have oily hair. Therefore, the cause can be hereditary.
- Fluctuation in hormones: women who are menstruating or using birth control pills are likely to suffer from oily hair. Also, boys and girls in their teenage years undergo hormonal changes, which can cause oily hair.
- Body mass: individuals who make use of hormonal supplements such as androgenic hormones to increase muscle mass are likely to suffer from oily hair.
- Fine hair: people with very fine hair also have more oil glands in their scalp. Therefore, they are likely to have oily hair since more oil is being secreted into their scalp.
Step 2: Wash Hair Appropriately and Choose Appropriate Hair Care Products
- Washing hair with the right frequency: people with oily hair should wash their hair about three times a week. It is essential to avoid washing the hair on a daily basis since it can strip the hair of too much natural oil and lead to an increase in oil production.
Use proper shampoos
Look for a shampoo that is specifically for oily hair. One may have to experiment with different brands to find the most ideal one. Alternatively, your hairdresser can recommend the best type. Hair shampoos with higher PH (alkaline) are a great option. Clarifying shampoos are advisable as they reduce buildup of oil, but should be used only once each month.
Rinse the hair
Once you are done with shampooing the hair, ensure you rinse it thoroughly. You can dilute a bit of lemon juice or white vinegar in a cup of water and use the mixture to rinse the hair. Warm water is more appropriate.
If you wash your hair two or three times a week, the natural oil is enough to condition the hair.Using conditioners will only make the hair greasy faster, thus calling for more hair washing, which can be damaging.
Use clarifying rinse or shampoo
The products you use on your hair can cause buildup over time. This means that the shampoo has to work harder to strip the hair of this buildup which causes greasy hair. Clarifying shampoos can be used at least once a week to get rid of the residue and thus make it easy for the normal shampoo to work effectively.
Try dry shampoos
A dry shampoo comes in a scented powder form. Its purpose is to strip the hair of the excess oil and leave it looking grease free and fresh. It can be applied on the hair for immediate effect. It is ideal to ensure you always have dry shampoo at hand and use it before washing your hair as this is when your hair is most greasy.
Notes: Talcum powder and baking soda are excellent alternatives to dry shampoo.
We have lots more natural remedies for you from Phillip Goodman at Enki Village so please visit below:
Please LIKE Voice on Beauty on Facebook so you don’t miss a post and thanks for sharing the love♥