What actually is this amazing product? That can be used for Beauty, Skin, Hair, Sunburn, Odors, Cleaning, Ants and – Plus I put it diluted on my puppies heat spots and it works a treat!
Vinegar is a liquid consisting mainly of acetic acid (CH3COOH) and water. The acetic acid is produced by the fermentation of ethanol by acetic acid bacteria. Vinegar is now mainly used as a cooking ingredient. Historically, as the most easily available mild acid, it had a great variety of industrial, medical and domestic uses, some of which (such as its use as a general household cleanser) are still promoted today.
10 Awesome Uses for Vinegar You May Not Know
White vinegar, also known as spirit vinegar, is one of the most common household items. It is a clear liquid with an acidic taste and has a pH of about 2.4. It is produced by fermentation of distilled alcohol.
It is used in cooking, baking, meat preservation and pickling, as well as marinades, sauces and salad dressings. Many people also use it for medicinal, industrial and cleaning purposes.
1. Cures Acne
If you have acne-prone skin, you can say good-bye to breakouts with the help of white vinegar. It is a powerful antiseptic agent with antimicrobial activity. Plus, it helps restore the pH balance of the skin.
It even helps kill the bacteria responsible for acne breakouts. However, avoid using white vinegar for occasional pimples as it may be too strong for them.
- Dilute white vinegar with an equal amount of water.
- Wash the affected skin with a mild cleanser and pat dry with a towel.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the vinegar solution on the acne-affected areas.
- Wait 5 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
- Apply an oil-free moisturizer.
- Use this treatment once or twice daily for a few days.
Note: Do not use white vinegar on sensitive skin.
2. Soothes Sunburned Skin
If you have a bad sunburn, one of the best home remedies is white vinegar. It has astringent properties that help ease pain, itching and inflammation.
- Add 2 cups of vinegar to your bathwater and soak in it for 20 to 30 minutes daily for a few days.
- Alternatively, add 2 to 3 teaspoons of white vinegar to a bowl of cool water. Soak a cloth in it, wring out the excess liquid and place it on the affected skin. After 10 minutes, again soak the cloth in the solution and reapply. Repeat until the skin begins to feel cooler. Use this remedy as needed.
3. Eliminates Odor
White vinegar can help get rid of any kind of odor. It can deodorize body odor, vaginal odor and bad breath. It is also effective in eliminating household odors.
- For body odors, mix equal amounts of vinegar and water. Use the solution to wash the affected area twice daily until the odor is gone.
- For bad breath, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to a glass of lukewarm water and gargle with it twice daily.
- To clean the smell of onions, garlic, meat, fish or spices off your hands, wash them with soap and water and then rinse them with vinegar.
- Put a piece of bread soaked in white vinegar in your refrigerator, garbage can or even your room overnight to get rid of strong odors in these places.
We know you will love to explore more – so please visit
If you enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing the love… please like it and share with your friends♥ Please also tell us if you would like more Blogs like this.